Saturday, December 18, 2010

...Or, to save on postage...

I meant to send this out to all of you weeks ago, but I did not, and since you are all the people I wanted to have have it, this is the cheaper, more efficient alternative.

Lise really really wanted us to take roommate Christmas pictures this year. One highlight (besides the following final product) was Brenda's attitude about wearing the sweater and the bow. You better believe they both came off instantly following the completion of the photo shoot. (though admittedly, she did let us take 12 pictures in a row of her...)


So,

Merry Christmas from Regency 108!

Here are the snip-its Lise also insisted we send out with the picture. Feel free to skip, though I think you'd regret it if you did.

Elise is a sophomore at BYU studying Family and Consumer Science Education. She enjoys long walks through underground irrigation tunnels, saving dolphins in Taiji, Japan, scratching Krista's back, finding multiple uses from spatulas, and blasting the 1981 #1 hit "Jesse's Girl" through the apartment. You will often see her losing things, including her mind, singing the hamster dance song, and quoting mindless youtube videos, Harry Potter, and the Great Mouse Detective.

Krista Jae-Elrena Roy is a synonym for PIKES PEAK, running, nimble fingers, business cards, Roys, BYU Grounds, journal writing, Summer, King Benjamin's sermon, Sunshine Corner, Sarahho, Tarheels, skittle-filled bellybutton, Craig's Cuts, Keds, seamstressing, forever long pants, blogspot, Topaz, August, lip gloss, 98 WPM, 26.2 Oldsmobile, calf muscles, Times Up, Lil' White Purse, well-structured heads, and EBULLIENCE!

My name is Rachel Alexandra Jackson and I have a lot of reason to love life! i am going to JERUSALEM in three weeks on a study abroad!!!! I love learning and experiencing different cultures. i am currently going to school to be an inner city high school teacher with a minor in music. I sing my heart out anywhere and everywhere and I laugh even more! Playing volleyball with crazy-Canadian boys, running 1/2 marathons and triathlons with my peeps, spontaneous road trips, hitting the replay button on all my favorite songs, sound effects, multiple service organizations, and exotic outfits sums up a pretty phenomenal semester!

Chelsea Elizabeth Jackson- I'm a sophomore at the most glorious university of all time. I jumped into PR with both feet hoping to love every second. I love refugees. Nonprofit. Laughing at nothing. Running/Swimming/Biking all in one go. Volleyball. Canada (or shall I say Canadians, eh?) Exotic Thursdays. Service. Belting to Celine Dion. Wiggling my ears. Coming off a media fast. Ugly Sweaters. The humor of a Jones. Brenda's eyebrows. My life is constantly changing and I love it. I am learning to be spontaneous and to live for myself. Jerusalem is just around the corner and the next chapter in my book of blessed adventures.

Brenda is a junior at BYU studying business management. She is waiting for her mission Ryan Hunting, who is serving in Orlando, Florida and will be home in 7 months! Brenda enjoys thinking of "this and that," listening to others, and using facial expressions to communicate.

HHAHA I love Brrenda's the most hahahahah.

In other news, we just finished off the semester!

We decorated cookies


Recognize that, Seeg? I made this Beaut II just for you!


We studied for and took finalsAnd CJ came and visited us with the clan!

Brooke and Viana were DEFINITELY the most fun guests we have ever had! They will both thrive just nicely when college time comes around.


Annnd we spent our last moments together as the ebullient foursome that has brought all of us so so much joy. I'm still waiting for it to hit me that I will not see Rach and Chels for a long time and what a sad reality that is. Jerusalem, as I told Sarahho, seems only to be a dark void that sucks away all those most dear to me and leaves me in the vast abyss that is Provo. hahaha. I still haven't absorbed that they're gone for good even though one new girl already moved in and for tonight I'm sitting here in 108 by myself.

(Which is fine. I'm quite happy that I got to make this blog for you! I hope you enjoyed)

3 comments:

  1. That is such a happy/sad blog. I wish you were sitting at Widgeon with us!!! But SOON. I love the card, it speaks bucketloads to your great semester. Maybe United flys to Jerusalem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that after I got the CHristmas card, but before I read it, I met Brenda for the first time ever, and she actually said, "Oh this and that!!" I was thrilled to realize the beauty of that moment when I read the info minutes later!!!
    And I like the pikes peak cookie. And teh Beaut II. And the spending of the night...that was SO great!

    ReplyDelete