Sunday, April 10, 2011

Life at the Speed

I apologize for the neglect....even Charina blogged before I did! It is the busy time of year, and the last three weeks have been no exception and the next two will fall in that same category.

Here are some things I have done:

Canyoneering! I wasn't going to publicize this because of the death potential involved, but then Mom already knew (of course haha) so instead just be amazed that this picture was taken at a place where I was feeling comfortable and roomy. Definitely not a sport for the claustrophoic. AWESOME.

My roommates. So soon we will part :( (Elise made the shirt she is wearing!)

We went snow camping!
Holy cow, talk about freezing. We hiked up past the Y and into the canyon and spent the night and it was cold except for the sleeping part, which was wonderful. It was so FUN!
The fire burned and burned and burned and it still did not ever reach the ground, which tells you how much snow there was. The trees surrounding our site will be quiet the sight to see in the spring because they will have all their branches hacked off where we could reach--right in the middle with the extra 5 feet of snow.


Kim and I teamed up for the Splash n Dash on campus- we got third, coming in behind a team with BYU swim team members. Kim swam a smoking mile (25 minutes!) and I did a 10k in 45, so we made a good standing for two hooligans from the Springs.

I went and visited Karalee at Logan. (Her and Ally should have the modesty lesson from Jamie again haha). She lives in the quaintest little house and is thriving. Endearment.


At first I was pretty happy about the Toy Story 3 calendar Lise hung up in our room, until we got to April and now I have this guy staring at me as I go to bed every night! Yikes!

THE EASTER BUNNY CAME TO OUR HOUSE! Early, of course, because he knew none of us would be here together when the real date came. (It was so fun to stay up late and make baskets and hide eggs for our roommates. Lise and I were in our elements!)

Lise is dear. She sews. and sews. PROJECT!

This is her nearly completed dress! I was so proud of her. (I just warned her not to make matching ones for her sons!)

I just completed my first 50 page project/paper thing with these lovely girls. The furthest on the left grew up with Jimmy and is the daughter of the only people outside of the Roy/Willis bounds who attended the Roy/Willis sealing haha. She said she used to write in her journal about her desires to marry Jimmy hahah!

And I almost forgot this great adventure! Hare Krishna was on steroids this year (I think many people in attendance also were) but it was still fun. Lost some of its luster with all the desecration of the temple and thousands of druggies there, but it was still great.



Those are the adventures. life is great and in the very near future (as noted above) is BOSTON!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Krista: So sorry you're not having a full experience at college. Really, you should get out more and try different things, expand your horizons, uplift and inspire those around you, and try to be filled to the overflowing with existence. So, keep trying!

    Love, Dad ;)

    ReplyDelete