Thursday, September 1, 2016

Birthday Month!

Welp, August is gone! But it was a good month. I tried to send all the best pictures from Billy's phone but somehow some didn't come through. oh well!

Billy had a big rock wall job and it turned out great. He also had another big BYU job at the MOA (one of the missing pictures) but also that turned out great. 

Truman is getting better and better at turning everywhere he goes into a tornado zone.

We went to the Natural History Museum with Lindes and CharlyAnn and that was fun.

Billy did this water feature for our neighbor.

We wanted to try some backpacking with Truman so we headed up into the Uintas. Truman did great and loved it!

It was only a mile hike into the lake where we were camping so it was a good trial run. 

When we got to the lake, which was beautiful, Billy fished for awhile and we had some dinner and set up camp. The moon was ridiculously full that night so we opted to sleep without the rain cover which turned out to be maybe not so good an idea becuase it was too bright for Truman. He had a few bad outbursts but overall it was a good night of sleep. 

Billy did some fishing in the morning and even though there was cliff jumping there and that's why I wanted to go to that lake in the first place, it was too cold to even think of it! So we spent a relaxing morning in the mountains then went home to the relaxing mountains. 

Billy had some really great employees this year and he took them boating again for an end of year bash since many of them were going back to school. 


I had a highlight hiking experience! I was hiking with Tru in a canyon that is usually deserted, even of all animal life. I looked up on the ridge and what did I see? 

Two real live big horn sheep with real live big horns!! I have never ever seen any of these anywhere in Utah and I have done my fair share of mountain exploring! I thought it was so awesome! So i hiked up the mountain a little more and hoped I might see them on my way back down too. 

Well, on my way back down, they obliged and came right to the trail! 
It was kind of a little scary cus I don't know their temperament, but they were distracted with each other. I got better pictures but I don't know where they went. Anyway, it was crazy! And I also took a video but could never figure out videos on here, but they were just head bashing each other! Not fiercely, but enough that I was like, oh man!  

I just thought it was so cool. I have never seen those guys here. 



Tru can climb somehow. 

And basically eat peaches whole. 


We ran a marathon on Saturday and we were kind of nervous cus there's been really no training. But it was fun and beautiful and great! Billy did really well considering he rarely ever got a chance to run beforehand!  
The course was stunning and so fun. Mom and Dad and Linde kids came after. 




Billy's current job, cinder block walls that he'll be facing with brick. he's never done this kind of wall before and I thought it turned out so well!

We took a little hike with Jamie and Trey and trey was doing his super hero pose and they were both doing their boy thing of sticks and dirt and rocks and stuff. 


And this day I went with Mom and Dad to hike the Timp Caves. It was SO cool! No offense Kentucky, but it was better than our Mammoth Cave tour (though admittedly we could only do the kind of ninny tour while we were there). But yeah, it was sweet! 

Kind of small, but that's mom and dad up there. They hike that path frequently and they are beasts! cus it was a good climb! But i just was most amazed at how the heck someone even climbed up there to discover that cave in the first place. That guy was crazy. 

Ok, that's it! Fun! September, October, November, December, basically already gone, goodbye 2016!

4 comments:

  1. What a great birthday month, without even one mention of your birthday!! A quarter of a century, pretty good! Thanks for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. You guys are busy people. I cant believe how big Truman is getting. Thats pretty cool you saw those big horn sheep. I would have freaked out if I saw them head bashing. Cool hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much goodness!!! But basically billy wins the farmers tan competition! And I lvoe that smiley picture of Truman! And You are brave to be so close to such mountainous rams!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I found your blog again! I love you tons!

    ReplyDelete