Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hurry, Krista!

This weekend was the Hindu celebration of the Festival of Colors! There is a Hindu temple in Spanish Fork and this was the week to celebrate Hare Krishna, the passing of winter and probably various other things we didn't know about. I think I saw one real group of Hindus because the other 3000 people there were all mormon college kids who just come to participate in the mad throwing of chalk at each other! We don't know exactly the real traditions involved, but they did end up burning this fake witch looking structure and having us all chant this "Hare Krishna!" Which sounded like, "Hurry, Krista!" And since none of us wanted to make oaths to pagan gods or something like that without knowing it, we just made Hurry Krista jokes the whole time they chanted the real thing.
In any case, they give you the chalk then sit you down and have you listen to Hindu philosophy for an hour, but it's hard to resist not using the chalk that whole time, so the cleaner pictures are from beforehand when the chalk was controlled, but then they had a moment where EVERYONE throws there chalk at the same time and a literal cloud of death consumes everyone and it is so gross and you can't breath and the sun disappears and you all come out looking like "muddy orphans," as Elise said. hahah. The dirtier pictures are from after the huge cloud of death.

It was SO gross but so cool and crazy and fun!

Afterwards we were driving home and Rachel commented that she thought she and Chels looked a lot alike and, agreeing that they did, we took this ULTIMATE twin picture. Not the best one of the day maybe, but wow! Try and guess that one!

Life is good! Last weekend we also went to the tumbling gym with our ward. I hate trampolines, but it was really fun and no one got hurt! They have a foam pit, tons of trampolines, a jungle rope, sumo costumes, and our favorite toy from last time we went wasn't there, but it was still fun to be with everyone!
And we're still the happiest roommates in the land! Only 13 days of school left, and I'm comin home for spring!

4 comments:

  1. Too bad Dad wasn't there cause then as everyone chanted "hurry, krista" he could respond "slow down you knuckleheads" then the bald headed krishnas would be offended and a chalk fight would ensue!!!! I said to dad "Krista is having a great time in college" to which Dad replied, "krista would have a great time in hell" hahahahaha so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just 'super-like' his comment? I can't even tell you how long I kept laughing for. Then I went and told it to Dan so I could laugh more.

    Krista, I love seeing blipits of your college life. Your happiness is even contagious in the virtual world :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blob, Pis! I see you and I think that is chels did the two man cartwheel! I'm glad you could throw some chalk everywhere! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I always wanted to go do that! I'm jealous. Good job Krista!!!

    ReplyDelete