Sunday, September 25, 2011

FOOTBALL SEASON!


It's football season, and I am lucky enough to get to work the football games! I work in the VIP tent, and there is just bounteous amounts of surprises in there, becuase who knew watching BYU could be such a luxurious experience!?



It's crazy, these people eat a NICE dinner before and then at half they come back for hot dogs and popcorn and then after we have vacuumed the whole place, they come back after the game for veggies, chocolate milk, and cookies to watch the post-game show. IT"S INSANE! But pretty awesome for me because I just walk around and take out trash and sweep and then vacuum my eyes out until we are all finished vacuuming the whole thing, which is turf carpet so it's kind of a pain, but then after that, I get to go clean the stadium!

Cleaning the stadium is SO FUN, even though it is disgusting and nasty. We are just running around LaVell Edwards Stadium in the wee hours of the morning, dancing to crazy music and dodging pillars in our crazy trash-filled trucks and bonding with real live grounds people! I also get to walk the field after the game and see how it played because then during the week I'm in charge of writing up a little evaluation for the athletic people so if media approaches them with turf questions, they can say something intelligent. I don't really make the evaluations, but I get to learn about them so when I write them up they sound a little better than if I didn't even know what tensile strength was (who knew such a thing was even important!?)


Also, Brenda and Ryan are officially together people! Just thought you'd all like to know haha. She is always glowing:)

I love my calling. I don't think I ever experienced trying to piece the beginnings of a ward together on a scale like this, but I know there are people who are still doing way more than our little presidency is doing. It's really great though, and this ward is shaping up to be quite good.

LIFE IS BUSY! But good. And, shout out to Summer, who made dinner for me and my roommates tonight. Best Southwest Chicken I've ever had on this side of the mountains :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. ah!! lets bond and make more food together! and hire me for grounds! i want to clean the stadium, that sounds bliss

    ReplyDelete