Sunday, October 30, 2011

Here It Is!

Hello All!

Life is moving along. Here are the elements of which it consists:

We do lots of homework. (though admittedly, in the same room as each other, so not as much as we potentially could. Alas)


We lounge around. (So, apparently, do our neighbors. Our hammocks have become the popular "hang out" spot)


We go to the mountains (this was two weeks ago when it was still BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN HAVEN up there.) Kim and I went and camped in a random field up Alpine Loop then got up and went running the next morning and it was so paradiscical that we took our ward up there the next day. Great choice.




Spazz Session




WE FINALLY MET RRRRRRRRRRRRRYAN!!!!!







Wedding bells are ringing!






The resemblance is striking, don't you think? And why we waited so long to meet him, I do not know when a perfectly replicated girl version of him has been living with us all along. Oh, Samwise.

I took up road biking. WHOA!!! It is the bomb!! I don't know what I have been thinking, just running around all my life. (Not that I regret it, but now I know how to enrich it!)

ANNNDDD
SUMMER RAN HER FIRST HALF MARATHON!!!


(Don't be confused by the shirt. That really is summer, not Krista. We just wanted to dress up neon)





SHE DID SO GOOD! She ran a 2:02 and I have never been more proud.What a beast!

The highlight of my life was life itself, epitomized in what I did yesterday in this layout of events:

-Wake up at 6:47 ride with Bum to Aspen Grove
-Run down 13.1 miles in 1:35 to the finish
- Dash home to play a vball game at 12
-Dash home and away to go on a 20 mile bike ride up the canyon I just finished running down
- Dash back home
-Turn right back out the door and onto a hiking adventure for 5 miles!!!
-Come home and sit down and eat a bagel. Yum.


If you do the math, that's 12 straight hours of constant go, 48 miles, and no meals. You better believe I ate my entire dish at Noodles & Company that night, something I have never done before.

And you better believe I woke up this morning feeling like I do when I wake up after marathons. Feels so good.

Fall is ending. Accounting is still dumb, but at least Shakespeare has outlived it in both the world and my mind, so I am still happy. Long live 2ft. Prosthetics, intramural football, BYU Grounds, Thanksgiving Break in 3 weeks and BASKETBALL SEASON!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Oh Krista...that is so great. 48 miles. I am amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! i cannot express to you how much i sincerely love that i am experiencing the bits of these blogs FIRST HAND!! thanks for making the best training program ever! it was the bomb

    ReplyDelete