Friday, October 14, 2011

This is Weird

Life is so different for everyone.

I had a weird moment this morning where I was looking at all the blogs and reviewing my interactions in the recent past with all of you. Watch this.

The other day I was talking to Dad and he just so badly wanted to know about my Shakespeare class and he also told me about his job and how it is making him work his tail off (or even if it isn't, he is, which is great) and I just thought about how Dad is just a politician guy (Char and Bum: "but he's just more neutral, just an organizer, you know, like a leader" haha) and just helping single people get married. what a life!

Mom, the mom of all moms, talked to me yesterday and said she got hit in the mouth with a wrench because she was fixing a sink! And then she posted a blog about a mustard bottle as a water bottle because that is what I used when I was in middle school! What a life to be at home and fix the house and walk the dog and remember your children who are gone from home.

Speaking of them

CJ turned 29 and yesterday I told somebody she was turning 27 or something until i remembered we are 9 years apart and I was just amazed! And when i called her on the phone she had just run 7:40 minute mile and was talking to her FOUR CHILDREN in the background. Then I read a blog about how her and Eric's relationship has reached the age of accountability (haha) and I was just blown away that there she was, just a mother and running fast miles! What a life!

So then Jamie's blog has this random picture of some flying contraption and she is just going to Hawaii with her husband and when I saw her last she just gave me this frog we have been swapping back and forth for years! years, people, years! And she just goes on road trips across the country (...exit 29. 3 miles. Rest stop...) and has a real live family with talking, walking children. What a life!

Summer came over to my house last night and gave me a haircut and told me about her college classes and how she found the perfect major for herself and the dates she went on and I just remembered when she long ago tried to tell Jamie and I that she wasn't growing her bangs out but she was but she still always had these little wispys just on her forehead (don't worry bum, I had the same problem) and I just thought, "What!? Summer is at college. With me. Because I am a college. And I used to drink out of a mustard bottle for a water bottle." What a life.

The WEIRDEST culminator of it all for me was the fact that I went to Char's blog and WHAT THE HECK THAT GIRL IS PREGNANT AND HAS A BABY BUMP! As in, there is a human growing inside of her. As in, that happened to Mom and CJ and Jamie and now they all have these real live families! WHAT. A. LIFE!

How can we just have one set of parents just living the empty nest life and one sister just running faster miles than I do and one sister just about to go to Hawaii and one sister just being initiated into the college world we have all lived before and one sister just pregnant!!!? This is crazy!

Maybe it will hit you like it hit me. But maybe not--you probably have to go feed your child or take some medicine and I have to go to Shakespeare class.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Krista you are so right!!!! What a life...a GREAT GREAT life. Adam should feel fulfilled because we have JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. and i love that we are at college together. and i love you!

    ReplyDelete