Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As of Late

This may be the longest I have ever gone without blogging.

But the BYU world is still thriving.


With its surprise parties...

(this boy is one of my most dear and cherished souls in the whole world, he served in Colorado Springs and he was Elise's FHE dad and I just have to give him a shout out becuase he has nothing but the purest of hearts and goldenest of intentions and sensiest of humors)



...and its end of semester rushes.


By the way, this is Brenda.
I lived with her for longer than any other roommate besides Elise.
e had classes together at the same time in the Tanner building. Every day we had class and every day beside we had this ever running joke about our love interest with Eldon (because it's the N. Eldon Tanner Building).
You wouldn't believe the joy this brought both Brenda and I. Every. Day.
(Almost as much joy as going to class brought us.)


Anyway, Brenda is great. We studied much the last two weeks together. It made for some joyous late nights in the LRC.




Ok, also in the past little while I got my wisdom teeth out!

I ate this entire pineapple becuase James Allen told me that if you eat as much of a whole pineapple as you can the night before you won't swell as much and so I did it, and though it seemed to work well, I would not recommend it for others because now that I can't eat anything but yogurt and frustratingly small nibbles of other easily slurped foods, I regret that I spent my last glorious eating moments on an acidic substance and not a huge bacon ranch cheeseburger from JCWs.


Alas.

The surgery was fine, laughing gas was great but weird, and Bum and the rest took care of me. I don't know how normal or not normal I was, but I was just tryingt o convince everyone that I was not stupid and that I was quite normal. Except that I kept randomly bawling for no reason hahah. That's definitely not normal I guess.


Then the family came into town. Talk about joy and lots of noise! It was nice to have extra people to take care of me even though I was a zombie most the time. It was still so so much fun!


And remember Brenda? She graduated!
 
 


The only reason that is not 100% absolute bliss is becuase that means Brenda is gone.
Gone, people. Gone! Brenda is gone. I am so sad.
I don't know what I will do without the various idiosincratic catchphrases or very distinct rituals or incredibly hilarious moments of surprise which have come with one of the most dear roommates in the world, but she has definitely changed my life. Booya, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrenda!

It's been a good run. We will miss you!


Ok, in other news, I took this picture of CJ.

Not really, that's me, but it looks kind of like CJ, huh?


The other thing is I GOT A  BOAT!!! It's the best possession that just fell in my lap, tied with my road bike, and it rocks! (Literally sometimes, if you stand up in it). I first took it out and we had to use skateboards for paddles, but then when we took it out again to fish, some nice old man gave us some paddles--way more effective. But it is the best! Everyone should come ride in my boat and you will find bliss.

We also moved. Never has so much STUFF been exploded from one space to the next. Phew.

Also, I started writing for the Daily Universe, which is not the Daily anymore. I am a little scared. They have made it seem like the most time consuming death class in the world, but we'll see. I already wrote one story which they published, despite its anti-honor code content hahah 


Ok, final news is, papers are done! I have to wait until next Monday to turn them in, but after that, I'm going to get a mission call!

Sister Roy. Not too weird, eh?





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. All these posts are AWESOME!!! That last picture of you will soon be smiling out at the Qof12 and they'll say...she needs to serve in ???? Your haircut is really cute and you didn't swell too much but I can tell there was pain. So sorry. Glad you're having fun. I wanna boat ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister missionary picture!!! Oh My goodness! YOu look beautiful. Funny that Pineapple helped. That's what I ate before I gave birth to TYler because people told me that that induces labor....weird...haha.

    ReplyDelete