Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What Larry Wasn't Expecting

Who knew? Larry Willis reads my blogs sometimes.
Several weeks ago I took a visit to his house and he so kindly hosted me in Virginia for a rollicking good time, and I told him I would blog about it.

The only problem was, he would know exactly what to expect since he was present for everything about which I would blog, and his satisfaction from reading my blog would wane quickly.

So here, Larry, is a blog for you about things you didn't expect.

(The first of which being the lateness with which this blog is arriving)


So. I went to Virginia. Larry was probably expecting that there would be a joyous running of one of the largest 10ks in the nation.


What he didn't expect was that there would be confused self-photographed participants...



...and even more confused umbrella-clad onlookers.
 



Larry might have expected dry west coast girls coming for a humid run in Virginia,

but he surely couldn't have expected the amount of wetness they would generate 6 miles of bliss.

ew.

Maybe Larry expected the Roy parents to tag along for a good time and even run a pretty good time.

He certainly couldn't have expected models to have strolled through the finish line with a respectable PR.

(Good job, MomandDad! You guys rocked it!)



Larry probably expected some baby bonding. And some bonding with his baby, Jimmy.

But even after having raised said baby, there's no way he could have expected Roy-size eyes on a Willis face.

(Good one, Jimmy. I still beat you there, though haha!)


Larry probably expected (insertnameofthosedeliciouspouchkrautransaonsteroidthingshere), because the Willis people eat them every time Grandma Bohj comes

but he had no way of expecting that the Roys thought they were SO DELICIOUS and wanted more of them!

(Thanks, Sandy and Grandma Bohj for those celestial things I can't remember the name of)


I suppose Larry probably expected exposure to more Roy girl weirdness.


But sometimes, even if you expect something, you just still get a surprise.
 

We're just weird. It's ok.


Larry probably expected us to get home when we went to the airport on Sunday.

We did too.

I guess there is no good way to expect having to brush your teeth...



...say goodnight...



...and sleep...


...in the Dulles airport.


(hey. free!)

Larry might have expected the Roys to have a good time in Virginia,

but there was no way for either party--Roys or Willises--to expect the most joyous, wonderful, fun, adventurous, humid, food-filled, baby-bonding weekend that it was!

Thanks Larry and clan!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Epic Awesomeness and Post!!! I hope Larry scrolls down enough to see it! I'll make sure he does..hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Larry: OK, I have not checked back on Krista's blog for a while. But I did tonight and found this great Virginia-10K-Roy-Willis post! I've become a closet Krista-blog reader because I like her photos and witty prose. So Krista ya'll come back to Virginia some time and we'll all run a few more miles and eat some more pasties! ("Pasties"….. They're called "pasties"..... :)

    ReplyDelete