Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Billie's Back!

So Billy was gone this whole week to go compete at the PLANET Student Career Days in Fort Collins and defend his title as the national champ of pavers. I was so nervous for his competition! 

One day while he was gone I came to work and our facilities manager came by and was like.. ok, everyone, pack up your stuff! We're all moving to the other side of the building! haha we were like.. what? Why? So it all turned out that Vivint has a building in Lindon that had caught on fire and so we just said, 'Hey, move in with us!" and thus, they are now renting half of our building and we all enjoyed a wonderful few days of moving all of Morinda over to one half of the building. It is joyous! 

When I was packing up, i felt like I was someone in a movie that gets laid off and leaves with their box of stuff and a plant on top. luckily, I wasn't getting laid off. 
We're all a lot closer than we used to be, seeing as we used to each have 2 or 3 empty cubicles around us and now there is not a spare cubicle in sight. It's weird but fine. 

So anyway. The workplace. 

So since Billy was going to be gone over the weekend I decided to take a trip down to Zion where there was going to be a half marathon and I thought it was an ideal situation to advertise for the Top of Zion Relay (which, side note, I started working for them at the beginning of this month. It's fun and good and very close to what I always wanted to do but also somewhat like the 2ft prosthetics adventure, so we'll see if I end up in Tonga or no longer a part of it in a year). anyway, I convinced CJ to come with me and we had a grand trip. this is how it went: 

Friday night I left work and drove to Manti and went to the temple with CJ and Eric. Live session! Cool! But sad that Billy wasn't there. But still cool!

Then Saturday morning, CJ and I both got up a half hour late, scrambled around the house and put together some snacks and bottles of water and jackets and who knows what else to drive down to Zion. And we drove down to Zion with Emery and Brooke and Ram. joy! 

We drove for miles and miles, through beautiful scenery and my excitement and anticipation for Zion and CJ's first experience there was just growing every second until 2 hours and hundreds of miles later we arrived in La Verkin, the city right outside of Zion and i was just fantasizing this wonderful moment of buying an annual park pass when i realized--I didn't have my wallet! And I told CJ and she realized--she didn't have her wallet! And she looked at the gas gauge and realized--we were on empty! And I was just distracted thinking--oh no! How will we get into the park!? 

hahhaah there was MUCH laughter. I will let CJ do the glorious telling of this story, if she so chooses, so check her blog one of these days because it was hilariously hilarious and if we hadn't looked like forlorn, disheveled women with 3 hungry children and scraggly hair, we may just still be sitting in the parking lot of the La Verkin Davis Market at this very moment. 

BUT (spoiler alert) we aren't, and we did manage to get some money so that we could get into the park! And get some gas, which i guess was also important (haha). We advertised at the race then had a quick trip through Zions, which was WONDERFUL!


We went on a hike and Brooke and Ram wanted me to take their picture every 5 seconds, which was joyous






And then we drove home, with just a few extra dollars for some much-needed lunch!

CJ and Eric then spent the night at Stake Conference and then Prom, so i got to spend some time with the chaldrens! 




Keep reading! The best part of this whole blog is about to occur!

So while i was wondering around southern Utah without my wallet, Billy was competing in snow and rain at PLANET and I was so nervous! Sunday morning he told me he didn't get as good a score on his pavers as he thought, so he was nervous about how they would compare to the other people! (I later found out his score was 195 out of 200 so come on. That's like almost perfect)

Anyway, Sunday morning they had the awards ceremony and Billy texted me to say that HE WON!!! Woohoo! Defending champ defends his title to the last and comes away with the gold!

The only dorky part is, as you can see, his name is spelt Billie. Haha his supervisor has a daughter named Billie, so of course, that is what was submitted as his name. hahah so good job, Billie. I'm proud of you, no matter how girly that certificate looks. 

i wish I had the pictures of his paver patio, but it was pretty much just like last year's and very simple, so too bad. Bottom line, Billy dominated all those people. Just look at THIS and it will be clear why. (but keep in mind that this is a work in progress too)

Anyway, that's all. I started a giant cross stitch like Jamie's and I started running again (knee injury) so all is well. And the best news? Billy's back!

7 comments:

  1. 1- cool website for East Ridge Landscaping!! You're real!
    2- way to win Billie....haha.....
    3- i can't WAIT to hear this Zion's adventure story
    4- I want to see your cubicle office-ness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billie! Way to go! I shared in the anticipation with krista and it was great! I can see why the children needed their pics taken every 5seconds...it is all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee Billie!!!! Yea for sister bonding as only a Krista and a CJ could do! Yea for Zion, I need to go there! Yea for cute office plants and surprise moving adventures. Yea for lots of pictures although I don't think those guys looked like orphans. Now if you had CharlyAnn with you... I like the East Ridge logo and site and name! I'd hire you. And Yea for surviving a week without Billy! I've had to survive hundreds of them and it's always hard. Except you do get to eat TDY food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hiatt posts! Way to go Billie! Way to keep the title alive. What a great accomplishment. And I can't wait to hear about this money-less adventure! What great hilarity!

    Also that picture with CharlyAnn and Annabell is AMAZING. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also-- I'm glad that your knee is feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CJ had never been to Zion?!? That makes me so sad, but doubly glad she got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff. Glad I tracked your blog down again--I had it tagged on my other computer, but did some searching to get it on the new one. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete