Monday, March 3, 2014

FIF. TEE. MIGH. UHLS!

It's official! I'm running my first 50 miler this July!

Holy 50 miles! That's a very long distance and I am STOKED!

During my research of this race, which not only initiates my life dream of becoming an ultra marathoner but also marks another state off my list (Oregon), the site presented a solid 4 lengthy paragraphs in way of course description. I read with great delight every description of every turn along the rocky trail and every mountain view I would experience and which of the three aid stations I would encounter when and was all very excited and even exhausted by the time I got to the end of the 4th paragraph, only to then read "From Siskiyou Gap, the return is the same route as going out."  

Yes, those 4 paragraphs were only describing the first half of the race. I will actually be running 8 paragraphs worth of words! (and I'm sure I'll have much more to say about it when I'm done!)

All and any are invited to attend and help carry my crippled, limp body from the finish line to the car afterwards (and after you first carry LaDon's once he finishes the 50k on the same day!) (Joking, of course, LaDon is going to dominate it!). It is going to be a grand adventure!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah Kris! And what the LaDon? Is he seriously doing a 50k? I like how the registration was with ultrasignup...like it had to be ultra to commit to a 50miler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going too. They got a 15K, I think we could do that! I was there and saw LaDon sign up for the 50K but I think that 15K was looking rather enticing to him. hahaha

    ReplyDelete