Monday, May 11, 2015

The Haps

I always have a struggle deciding how to post blogs when I get behind. Do I make separate posts of each event and risk you only seeing the newest one, or do I dump all events into one post and risk overloading you with information and updates? I don't know. Cus that influences what kind of comments you leave (I know cus I leave them for you haha) 

This time I opted for one big dump, so I will still be grateful to get a general comment instead of a specific one like,"Good job for graduating, Bum! Women's Conference sounded so funny! I wish I would've gone to the Nathan Pacheco concert! That landscape job is the coolest one yet! Good luck buying a house in the mountains you crazy innocents! Mom and Dad are the best and weirdest!" Cus I know that takes a lot of effort. Or you don't even have to comment if you don't want haha. Anyway. On to the dump. 

Summer graduated! I was so, so proud!

And there were other graduates. And I was also proud of them. 

Me and Bum went to Women's Conference and it was FUNNY! And ended up being quite good. We were just laughing the whole time that we were part of the endless hordes of women everywhere.  


Photo booths are a thing. haha we just laughed our heads off. 


We visited Mom and Dad's potential new home/grandkid heaven! 

We went to the Nathan Pacheco concert at Thanksgiving Point with CJ and Eric and it was so so fun! I had VERY high expectations because of all the things I have heard about Nathan from CJ and Eric, and the concert totally exceeded all of those very lofty hopes! It was fun and magical to watch the concert in the rain, and that guy can SING! Plus, he's like best friends with CJ and Eric so that was cool to see them being cool with a very kind and genuine and good celebrity opera man! And who knew the Thanksgiving Point gardens were so cool?


Good photo bomb, CJ's fingers!

Billy's first job of the season is done and it is sweet, complete with four waterfalls, three flagstone patios, two staircases, a fire pit and all the other stuff like sod and plants and what not. I took a billion pictures because it was so cool so just. there you go. A billion pictures.  














Also we are buying this house! Slash sometimes we say we already bought it but I guess something could technically still go wrong. But I hope not because I have now reached the point of excitement and joy!  Even though there is still a lot of fear and anxiety about money and poop like that. 


This is our backyard.

And we had an enjoyable weekend with many family peeps, including Mom and Dad. We turned off our heater just a week too early, so they were freezing and while we were having conversation with them, Dad just bundled himself right up into a body blanket but continued speaking with us as if we were still maintaining eye contact! 
Haha Mom and Dad are the best and weirdest!

8 comments:

  1. Haha...mostly my comment must be on the last picture. Mom and Dad are the best, but dad is definitely the weirdest!

    But, side comment: Billy's job is so beautiful!

    And....I can't wait to see your house! You'll live by a mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Mom---I look pretty normal, just for the record. Yay!! for Summer and Billy for being the completion of our set of BYU grads 10 for 10!!!!! It has been a three house week- 1. Sum and Andy got their apartment. 2. Billy and Kris got there mountain chalet and 3. Me and Dad got grandkid heaven!!! Pretty sure that beats a three gun week! And that waterfall job is AMAZING!! And Yay to whatever else I forgot to mention like concerts and conferences and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOOO! I can't wait to see your sweet new house. AND Billy is amazing! Seriously, good work. And also, your parents are the best. HAHAHA I can't get enough of your stories. All such happy news. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just kidding. hahahahahah.
    I have those same thoughts and worries all of the time! Desire for good comments, but too lazy to make more than one post, but worried about making the post too long that those who are not conditioned enough can make it to the end….alas. Anyway, that WAS a great post. I pretty much check my blog list every day and I think…maybe today kris will do a blog and then when you do, Joy!!
    Anway—way to support bum at graduation! It can be boring! Good thing we had eachother when we did it!
    WOMEN’s CONFERENCE! Hahahaha. I hope you had the opportunity to join the ladies at the bookstore and stand in line in the forever long line for fudge at the candy counter! That was always the best part! Hahahah. And there are always eight million women everywhere! It is just a hilarious event!
    Cool Opera singing! And literally cool! Or I am assuming it was literally cool since it was raining. Either way, cool! I need to google some of his stuff! Two reliable sister sources say good!
    Billy still amazes me. How does he know how to do that? Does he just do it in his brain? Someday I would like to witness the whole process of a person saying, hey billy, I want this, and then all of the planning, dirt buying, rock moving, all of the stuff to then make the “I want this” thing be awesome in the end? Looks amazing. I would want that in my backyard!
    YOU GOT A HOUSE! IN THE MOUNTAINS! Bliss and joy! You will just love it so much. I already know.
    Dad…..he learns from the best you know. You remember when I came home from school and I was so so tired and I just told you all that I was just going to close my eyes, but I was still listening and willing to converse. He is also a goober.
    You are also a goober!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha. That was a good post! thanks for making the awesome candy necklace! I always wanted one of those and you put some GOOD stuff in there! And we really did laugh everywhere that we went during womens conference. Plus, who knew that Billy was making all of those awesome landscape things! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! Your house in the mountains looks so awesome! I wanna come visit! Also that landscaping job looks awesome! Billy's a wizard. Haha, I approve of the dump-everything-in-one-post-update post. It's way fun to read. Also, it's basically the only kind of post I do (as you well know). BTW, I moved my blog. It's jurassicimpressions.blogspot.com now.

    ReplyDelete