Friday, May 29, 2015

We actually caught fish!

Last week we went camping and it was joyous! We found a good spot with a lake that wasn't too high in the mountains and wasn't too far away and it was perfect! Also, despite the rainy weather, our tent and sleeping pads proved once again to be the best things ever. We slept like little angels. 

The morning was paradise! This is the reason why I go camping. I love mountain mornings so much! 







You may know that we are famous for our absolute inability to ever catch fish. So this time I didn't even put forth the initial effort, I just hiked around the lake while Billy casted for a half hour or so. But when I came back, he switched bait and first cast ACTUALLY CAUGHT A FISH! 








And then he caught another and another and another! And more than that too! He even had two get away from him but he was reeling em in like crazy! We couldn't believe it. So I casted one and caught one too!

So here's some more pictures of the beautiful mountains to celebrate haha I didn't realize I took so many but how could I not? 





Anyway, we took them home and fried them up and ate them for dinner and it was a life event.


Also there has been more life events since that time called we closed on our house! But I will blog about it later when it starts to feel more real because I'm still nervous something horrible is gonna happen or it will fall through or something. So until then--celebrate the catching of fish! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes! A new blob! I am frantically trying to catch up on my blob and so everytime I do, I think--someone else should catch up on their blob too. So glad you did. Way to catch a whole bunch of fish! and I what beautiful morning mountains! I remember when we'd go camping in Farrish and it was always the best to get up in the morning because it was so so pretty on the lake plus mountains. happy memories. Just think, you can see morning mountains every morning pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says to sign him up for the next fishing trip!! What a beautiful place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT reflection photos!!!! Where was this??!

    ReplyDelete