Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Truman!!

Sorry for those of you who have been requesting a blog with pictures of Tru! He's already a month old, but I've just now gathered some good pictures and found some good internet. 

So Truman was born! I'll spare you the detailed details, but here's the general run down of all related events: 

Here is the first and last bump picture I took of the babe in utero. In the hospital parking lot haha


They told me taking the cerclage out would affect no real change, but as soon as those stitches were gone (which was a process, I tell ya. Another thing they didn't quite have straight facts about), I was dilated to a 5. I had literally left work for what I thought would be a 30 minute appointment! So that was a surprise. They told us to stay close, so we went and got Billy's TDAP, took a hike up Rock Canyon and ate some Yogurtland. No contractions or pains,but we went back to the hospital and hung out and waited. 

We mostly played on our phones since nothing was happening.  

 Slash, it was cus my cervis was dilating but just with absolutely no contractions. Turns out it really is a floppy, weak little cervix. My gratitude for that cerclage is more than you will ever know.

So I dilated to a 6 with no contractions, they broke my water, still nothing, then finally once I was at a 7 with still no contractions, they gave me some pitocin. A few pushes later and the little guy was born. 






Then we took him home! Something we thought he must not be too pumped about because this was his face 

But turns out he just always looks grumpy and skeptical haha 
(This is Billy's favorite picture and he always quotes Clint Eastwood. "Do you feel lucky, punk?")

The good news is, it's all a show. He loves being here and we love having him here. He has proven a very, very good baby and we count our blessed blessings every blessed day. 

Mom and Dad live in Utah! And so they come hang out with us, which we love.  

 Billy installed a new booster on our chimney by lassoing an extension cord around our chimney and using his rock climbing gear to ascend haha Crazy guy.

And more Truman! 



These are Kathy's twins, who are huge! Tru sandwhich! They are 4 months old.


Billy thinks this makes Tru look like Jay Z. I didn't know what that was or what he looks like, but you should google a picture of him and you will laugh at the likeness.

Hanging out at the lake

Such a hilarious Dad moment when he had to go fetch his phone, which we both silently and calmly watched sink to the bottom of the lake with no erratic reaction or emotion haha

Mom is the best babysitter at XC practice! I am lucky and the season is going well and I am so glad they let me do it again even though now I have a baby. And I think he likes it too.


Lil' family pic hanging out at Billy's mom's. 

One of Billy's really good friends blessed his 3-month baby yesterday and that kid (the baby, not the friend haha) is a chunk! And Truman is not! So it was so funny to see the comparison.  

That's the run down! It is a good life. I do quite like being at home with Truman all day and like I said, he's a good, good baby. I'm a little nervous he's about to turn not good because he's so good. But not so nervous that I'm not just enjoying every second! We just do like him so much and we do like being such clueless little parents together! Life is good!



10 comments:

  1. A- he really does look like Jay Z in that one picture
    B- i liked that blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of this wonderful Truman pictureness!!! I love him so so so so much! I can't believe that he is already getting so big and I am so glad that he is such a good baby! I hope that you find more good internet so you can put up more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!! Yay! Congrats you guys, he is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and this new life adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to start with the vain part- but what is wrong with that pic of me and Dad. I have a ginormous body and little tiny head. Too funny! Now that that's out of my system, what a GREAT BLOG!!! And that Truman is such a good, good baby. I'm lucky I'm a veteren cross country practice goer so I can explain the ropes to Tru, he's picking it up really quick. We're so glad he's here and so are we.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Truman! And his facial expressions haha. I likewise had to look up Jay Z, because what??? Sorry about your phone, Papa Roy, haha. I'm sure the lil punk feels very lucky to have you guys. I love you! You are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I was just getting ready to request a truman blog! But now I am requesting another one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, Matthew agrees with the Jay-Z likeness ha. He said, "what does their house look like." And I said, "a house."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! What a wonderful last few months with a houses, job growth, and a new baby! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this blog post! I adore the picture of you holding Truman at the hospital, everything about it is beautiful! I am so glad I was able to meet him. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! So happy for you both. New home and new baby! He is beautiful! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete