Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Uintas, Parade, Skid Steers, Ties!

 We have had a most delightful month! I often tell people that we will slowly become winter-hobby people since Billy is so busy in the summers, but it is not true. I just still make him fit all of our favortie hobbies into his busy summer schedule and I am the luckiest that he does and we have so much fun.


The weekend after my race we finally goy to go camping! We love the Uintas more than any place so we headed up there and planned to hike Mt. Baldy in the morning but when we drove up that night there was still now everywhere! It was like winter again! But we still camped and fished, so it was fine. 
 This time we went sans laundry basket and sans pack n play and Tru did great.
 All the campgrounds were still closed to cars so we were worried that maybe they hadn't been able to stock the lakes yet, but Billy caught 3 good fish!
Despite the ice that was still floating around in the lake. 

Last week our neighbor had some Parade of Homes tickets that she wasn't going to be able to use so we went. I've always wanted to go and it was so fun and cool and crazy. People are crazy. Billy loved it becuase he has more an eye for these types of things (design, trends, colors, architecture, landscape, etc). Also, he came to the conclusion that landscaping is horribly behind. Homes are becoming more and more modern and trendy and landscapers just stick to the same old rocks, plants, walls, water feature. So he's been trying to think of ways to be a little more cutting edge. 
 Summer, you would have loved it! I kept wishing you were there. It was totally up your alley.
Talk about a climbing wall! I jumped into the pit and it scared me!
Truman was set into the pit and it scared him! 

At Mom's the other day there was no bib for Tru, just a soap dress. He looked like a little Mexican choncho. 

My ward friend has a weekly hiking group. All the moms come for their kids, I come for myself haha. The other week we did Buffalo Peak and it was sweet and nostalgic cus the trail traversed the race course. 

I went to Daniel's track meet. He did great! Even when he fell flat on his face at the beginning of this race! It was fun and nostalgic but after the magic of being at a track meet wore off a little I remembered that there's a reason I took my running to the mountains haha.
 

 Truman can stand up a little.
 These spiders are everywhere in my yard. But usually they have 8 legs.

Another hiking day, this is at Cascade Springs.

In addition to learning to stand, Truman is learning to climb. 

Billy's doing a water feature for our neighbor so the skid came home last week. Billy doubled up and did some work in our yard, including filling in that nasty hole. Goodbye, nasty hole!

It was Billy's nephew's bday last week so I made him these ties. No "stress" this time! It was fun!

 We were up in Bountiful and went and searched out Billy's birth home. He said it looks very different now. 
 We were in Bountiful for this event of Billy's cousin, who is starting a clothing company geared towards outdoor enthusiasts and so there were outdoorsy type things like slacklining. Billy was so good!! He dominated all the granola people there. I did not know he had such a skill but this happens a lot where Billy is just randomly good at random things like horseshoes and darts and slacklining.

Not part of hiking group, just hiking in our canyon. 

Doug is the best dog. 

Goodbye, June! May July hold even more joy!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty fantastic month!! Tru is getting so big and old! I especially love chancho Tru! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. June was awesome! That Billy is amazing! Tru is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! I loved every bit of this blog and it made me so excited to come out to your mountain home! Thats awesome! I wish I could go to the parade of homes thing. When did Tru get so old? I didnt even know he could crawl! I like that you go hiking with friends too, thats fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not to mention you give tips to friends on good hikes in your canyon! thanks again!! miss ya

    ReplyDelete