Tuesday, January 9, 2018

November & Colorado Thanksgiving

November was a great month and the highlight was Colorado for Thanksgiving!






We went to Colorado for Thanksgiving and it was the purest of joy. Pikes Peak, Griggs, camping and mountain driving. We had the best time.  
Driving to our house and arriving at the Griggs was pure nostalgia. I loved every centimeter of it! And I was so happy to be taking my boys there and telling a billion stories.


Can you spot the huge buck in this front yard on Topaz? Is that just wild!? 

My two best people scheming during a game we played haha

Pikes Peak and our old house!

It was different, I was sad about so many of the changes. Like where's the fence I used to balance on? Whats with the brown shutters and flag pole? 

We did some hiking in Garden of the Gods and it was just beautiful and perfect and made me wish I lived nearby so I could go running there every day. 





We took the boys on the new Incline and it was so fun and great but not nearly as hard as it was in its former glory. Alas! Truman, however, did wonderfully. He was such a champ and really walked most of it on his own.



We barely shniked the last second to be able to get on the Pikes Peak Highway and made it up to the top. It was just SO JOYOUS, I have to say it in all caps because you can not hear me squealing about how joyous it was to be back on top of that mountain. 



That night we went camping near Pikes Peak and it was so nice, we didn't even use the rainfly. We had so much fun camping with those boys and didn't even get cold. 




Thanksgiving was so fun! We were so grateful for the Griggs' hospitality and the fondness of the place. I was so glad to take my boys there and I was especially happy at the beautiful weather. We loved the drive home through the mountains and were so glad that we decided to go back. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Ah!!! I cannot believe how much Topaz has changed. I had so many memories come back to me. I am glad that you got to go with your boys. That pic of billy and sarah was funny.

    ReplyDelete