Friday, October 9, 2009

Ode to the Aquarium!

Buy Low, the market from which I purchase my substance, offers a very large variety of very cheap produce! (haha... I've been writing a paper, so that sentence was very full of gratuitous words. Sorry) So I go to Buy Low and get cheap fruits and vegetables, and because I love it so much, I always get a stalk of celery.

And becuase my life consists of running around like crazy and definitely not putting forth enough effort to get the celery out of the fridge, take the celery out of the bag, break off a couple sticks, move dirty dishes over so I have enough room to stick them under the sink to wash them, dig under all the dirty dishes to find my cutting board, clean a knife which has undoubtedly sunk to the very bottom of all the dirty dishes, then cut the celery up to eat it, there were sadly a couple celery sticks that went to waste becuase they sat in my fridge too long. I would not tolerate this.

And then bliss befell my very self and I discovered that my bottom feeding habits of long ago turned out to be very bottom feeding since I now use a makeshift aquarium in my very own fridge and find it is much easier to obtain the desired snack!


(Even though I still have to open the fridge, take the lid off of the aquarium, stick my hand all the way down into the water since it doesn't have a handle thing like at home and then eat it, at least I don't have to put forth all that work like before when we would have to take it out of the fridge, pull up the handle, then grab the celery, since the handle ran into the shelf above, because who has that kind of time or dedication? not the Bottom Feeders at topaz. I mean widgeon. Or both. Not them.) So anyway, this is an ode to the aquarium, which turned out to be not so bad and I now urge bottom feeders everywhere to be grateful you don't at least have to battle a pile of dirty dishes every time you want some celery. I guess either way, people are right when they say you burn more calories eating celery than you gain by consuming it.

4 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for the fillers of aquariums too!! No small feat as you have no doubt discovered. A labor of love nonetheless. This entertained me, not just any old stock story. And at least I know you're...eating...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilariously cool. Way to go Krista Pie!!
    -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to be inginuitive! ANd I TOTALLY know what you mean about having to pull out the one at home to lift the thing up anyway! HA!
    -CJ

    ReplyDelete