Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And thus we see, I can only seem to use blogger as an updater. Alas, updates!

As LaDon said, my solicitation was answered! Bum and I headed to the east to visit Char and Jimmy this weekend! Three things about Virginia: a) It is HOT!!!! b) It is HUMID!!!! c) There are trees EVERYWHERE!

Nevertheless, Jimmy and Char took us around and we enjoyed...
...The Edgar Allan Poe Museum. Eerie, as you can imagine. But also educational.

...an east coast tradition of dining out at gas stations? One of my friends at BYU from the east was always idolizing this celestial "WaWa" and I acknowledged his appreciation until some other easterner told me it was just a gas station. So when I showed up in Virginia and discovered they had a WaWa, we went and ate there! It was actually pretty good, but we took forever trying to figure out how to order. What we can say, we're from the west!

...just hanging out! Char and Jimmy have a nice little apartment on Wilde Lake so we played games inside and read by the lake at sunset outside.

...also we went to the Holocaust Museum. Whoa. It's smaller than the DC one, but just as impacting and soul boggling.

...also we skyped with the Lindes, which was kind of like a mini reunion of sorts. We all wished the Carters could have somehow linked with us, but we questioned if Monroe even had internet (just kidding!)

...I discovered Jimmy and I have something very important in common: he has the nimble finger genes!! He is very good at speed and blink and egyptian amouigakdf and other fast paced games.

Bum and I then proceeded to spend an entire day in the Chicago airport. But, the USO provided some nice goodness and we bonded all the day long. I even spent the night there after Sum got on the last flight possible. Haha, yep, me and the soldiers, sleeping away!
Now I am the only sister to have been in the presence of every single family member most recently (oh, the joys of a schooless college student) and what can I say?

Thus we see, from LA to Richmond, from Monroe to Colorado Springs, WE ARE FUNNY! Thanks for letting me hop around the country and visit you all!

2 comments:

  1. pis, did you mean to put the picture of me looking totally drunk and the revealing of Jimmy's garments on your blog?? or were you looking for wonderful sisterness next to the lake picture? Either way, thanks for the fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had fun, wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete