Monday, July 5, 2010

Highlight!

I feel blog happy these days. Regardless..

The highlight of this blog was going to be the new library card I acquired at the Provo Library (of which I previously knew nothing but the homeless man out front) which was joyous and cool and childhood reminiscent!

And then the highlight of this blog was going to be the first real live blind date I went on, which wasn't that blind because as far as he or I could figure, he was Charina's last date before she started dating Jimmy (that could be wrong) so we were kind of connected, but it was fun! Char, I will tell you the story of my date with Joshua Clayton and you will find joy. For the rest of you, here is a picture of us (minus my date, he was photographing) with the creepy mascot owl of the Orem Owlz. Baseball game, fireworks, ice cream, pleasant conversation, what could be better? Blind dates aren't so bad. Then the highlight of this blog was going to be the 16 miles that I ran on Saturday. I used to think it was a joyous feeling to be back in my house having already run 6 miles before my sisters/roommates were even up. 16? glorious!

Well, as highlightish as that was, it was outhighlighted by the wonderful day Sar and I spent wandering around the town, buying trinkets, eating samples, writing letters to soldiers, and ultimately getting free sandwiches with our miliatry ids at Kneaders (yum! Thanks, Dad!) That was going to be the highlight of this blog.
BUT. Then. I went to watch fireworks with Sar and some of her ward people and in preparing to look patriotic, I not only wore my wonderful red overalls, but I also took along my lil white grandma 90 purse to this gathering of strangers with a vision in mind, and what did I get.....


HIGH LIGHT!!!!! (no pun intended)

Definitely the best lil white purse picture I ever got, I may just enter it into a contest of some kind! (not really) But it was wonderful and yes. That was the highlight!

Happy Birthday, Mom! Gnome to come soon. I mean, Poem, haha to come soon!

5 comments:

  1. Good Hi lites and high lights! Glad you're all better and havin fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will this be a stolen gnome...poem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! where did you get those overalls????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pis! I can't believe that we have been on a date with the same person! I hope it was fun. I don't think he was my last date before I started dating Jimmy.....the person I went on a date with before I starting dating Jimmy....that is a story in an of itself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD ONE!!! I like all those highlights!

    ReplyDelete