Sunday, October 24, 2010

SorrySorrySorrySorry

Remember that one time I ran a marathon!!!!?

I know that was a long time ago and I know I haven't blogged since before then and I AM SORRY! I would do anything to be exactly like Charina, but I wasn't bargaining on catching her blogging habits too! (just kidding, Char!)

In my defense, you can take comfort in the fact that since there hasn't been a blog for awhile, it simply means I've been so busy galavanting off having blogworthy adventures that I haven't had time to blog them. So, in a quick, run-down version, here's a few:

First, for those not present for the marathon, here's some pirated pictures (hence their miniature size):
Before the start there were 3 main things of interest: 1) billions of runners wrapped up in space blankets on a deserted mountaintop/foreign planet. We all looked like aliens 2) 9 trillion port-potties, and lines still 3) photographers going around taking pictures of people with their friends just in case anyone needed a recent photograph for the obituaries the next day. Since I had no friends, I asked the lady to take my picture, so there you go.

A joyous moment. There really has been no more enjoyable challenge than running a marathon.
A very bittersweet moment. See that blue line behind me? That's the finish line. See that rubber, uncontrolled, limp tube of flesh hanging off my shoulder? That's what I get for crossing said finish line.
I don't think I've ever looked rougher, but when they shuffled us through the finish photo shoot, i realized that i looked dazed and was holding a beverage as well as a slender snack, so this is my best Shirts imitation. hahaha
Thank you thank you thank you thank you to everyone who came and waited for 3 and a half hours for me to get down from that mountain. You are all the best!


So Marathon. Great.


The Saturday following was the first one for three months where I have not had to get up at 6:30 to run for three hours. It was a rather blissful feeling. We did, however, enjoy some homecoming parade, which went right by our house and left us drowning in candy!
I am also still enjoying the utmost gloriousness of roommatehood. Such gems.

One definite highlight: I MET SHAWN BRADLEY. Ladies and gentlemen, this picture is in no way photoshopped. He really is just the most gigantic man you or I have ever seen. I had to throw my purse up into his arms for him to hold it.
Weird how my whole life used to be lived in those proportions. hahaha
ANYway (said like Auntie) Next adventure: TRUE COUGAR TRI!

The night before, sleeping in our living room, ready to go with helmet and goggles.
Getting transition area ready. For being just a little campus race, it was pretty legit.

It was reverse order, 3k run, 10k bike, 200m swim. I came in as the first girl for the run but the bike was way way harder than i anticipated but the swimming was good and Rach, Chels, and I ended up 1st, 2nd, 3rd, respectively! Two other kids from our ward got 1st and 3rd for the boys, so we were feeling good about that. IT WAS AWESOME!

In other news, I am loving my calling! We just had a ward Moctober Fest where everyone wore leiderhausen, drank root beer, ate hot dogs, and learned a german folk dance.

Here is a link to a movie my wonderful co-chair Sariah and I made to advertise if you want to watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NtDwXNmtIU

It was good and fun



Also:
Classes are good, midterms are over!
Work is great! (blog to come)
Next week Sis. Dibbs is coming. You better believe I'm bringing my purse!
I went to Monroe this weekend. Everyone in the world should drive for 2 hours by themselves to clear their souls and enjoy a day with the most joyous Carters!
Then drive home feeling good cus there ain't nothin like cruising on the highway in an oldsmobile with a 26.2 sticker on the back.

I think I'll run another marathon in 5 weeks. You're all welcome to come to Mesquite to watch! (which yes, means there probably won't be another blog for eons. Sorry in advance) But thanks for reading this one!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that was SO worth the wait! Good job all around. I especially liked the Shaun Bradley holding the purse picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was good! I LOVE your 'I jsut finished my first marathon' picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! I basically loved the picture with you and the Popsicle. I laughed so hard. Sounds like your life is fun!

    ReplyDelete