Monday, November 22, 2010

Rupert, Emma, Dan!

This past week I went on a media fast for three whole days. No phone. No computer. No TV (nothing new) No radio (didn't miss it). Nothing. Here are some things I learned:

1) Being on a media fast made me feel like I was on a regular fast and sometimes I wouldn't eat until I remembered it was just media. haha
2) It's kind of nice not having a phone to worry about because then you don't lose it.
3) It's kind of rough not having a phone because it's amazing how out of touch you are with the world. And when I say amazing, I really mean pathetic.
4) Facebook is overrated. I didn't miss it at all.
5) I had WAY more time. You wouldn't believe how much of my time is frittered away just surfing the internet. And when I say you wouldn't believe, I mean pathetic.
6) I got so in the habit of refusing what was habitual that I would sometimes hesitate to use other things like my car or my curling iron or my oven. Hahah.

Overall, pretty good experience. Now I'm back to losing my phone and wasting my time and eating, and best of all, I broke the fast Thursday night at midnight with the

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART ONE PREMIERE!

We all dressed up and watched it at Thanksgiving Point, where seats are assigned, which meant we didn't have to wait in line all night!


Can you tell who we are?
Hermione, of course. hahaha.
Well, Lise and I were Winky and Dobby, respectively. Which we thought was awesome until we reviewed the pictures after we were off our Harry Adrenaline High and realized we just looked like a bunch of ragamuffin orphans haha.


It was still pretty great, this is us in character. can't you tell? I've got my tennis ball eyes and Lise is crying hahaha. House elves, ragamuffin orphans, same difference. This picture is for LaDon. Hahahah, yes, I was reading before the movie because I just had so much homework I had to take some of it to the movie. But i got it done, and I felt like LaDon haha!

(I don't know what the Carter's status is on whether they want any reviews of the movie or if they have already seen it or what, but I'm about to give my take, so if you don't want to hear it, quit reading now!)

The movie was AWESOME! (any avoiding you may have just tried was spoiled by the caps lock. Sorry) I was very impressed with how well they did and very glad they split it into two, even though i was so into it I forgot they were doing that and was really sad when it suddenly ended. The actors did really well, Ron looked a little rough, Hermione was as Kara as ever, I was curled up in fear and anticipation several times, heard sniffling tears all around just as frequently, and laughed a lot. There was one part which was very gratuitous, but other than that, I give it an A+! Good job, Potter people!

That's all. Just as my ever constant proclamation, I love my roommates. We are so bonded that we all had pimples on the same spot (even Brenda, but she didn't want to be in the picture) (and even lise, who NEVER gets pimples, this was probably her second all 20 years!) And i just wanted to post this joy somewhere but of course the facebook option was quickly botched. hahaha So here you go!

See many of you in a very short time!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Brenda is just an awesome Hermione! And you and Elise are GREAT!!! As good as radish earrings! You funny little zit friends. So excited to go to Charina's with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love that zit moment!! LOVE LVOE LOVE IT! Plus, I instantly knew who you were...in no way did you not look like dobby...and I didn't read the review, we are going tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read your review....but I will... when I see it. I have heard mixed things. Jimmy and I just finished reading the 4th book so HP is super fresh for us. CAN NOT WAIT. Anyway- I see Brrrreenda is Hermione (I just feel like I need to meet this Brenda..Can you tell her I say hello? and She is great?) Also...who were the twins? Fred and George? They should've died their hair orange. And.. you guys make the best house elves ever.

    ReplyDelete