Monday, November 8, 2010

FOUR TO A BED!!!

All I can say is, yes, I Am Ebullient.But, of course, that's not all I can say and I can obviously say tons, and since this is my blog and you must be reading to gain some sort of insight about the things I can say, here they are in both the word and picture form:

HALLOWEEN! Advantage of Halloween Sunday; two extra days of holiday celebrations.

For our vball game on Friday, we dressed up like exotic somethings. And whoa, those twins can get EXOTIC. (and they kind of look like Taryn, eh?)


We lost, but afterwards went galavanting with our cheerleaders, and CJ, this is a shout out to you for your very own son from R Hall, Tristram. yes, that is him with the blond hair. Yes, we are on the tree of life or whatever this structure is.

The next morning we ran the Halloween Half!! It was GORGEOUS and Rach and Chels ROCKED IT! They ran a 1:47 and 1:45 respectively. I ran a 1:34, barfed as I crossed the finish line for the first time in my life (sick) then ran 5 more miles to my home. Talk about fatigue but ultimate joy. I was so proud of the twins. :)

Saturday Halloween night we had a ward party which we attended as an 80's rock band. Polygamists was a little better, but this was just as fun.

Classic Rach picture. hahaha probably one of my favorite hahahaa.

The guy on the right was not part of our band. botched. But pretty sweet, eh?
This was our whole band. Elise, unfortunately, had surgery this day so she could not be there, but we picked up one of the twins' friends. The boys are spazzes (Tristram ((CJ's son)) and his cousin Dan and our friend Dave; welcome, family, to my main adventuring friends these days) and it was fun.

Just check out Chels's spandex!!! Hahaha it was awesome. Good Halloween times. Nice to not have to share my spouse with 4 other girls.

GREATEST ADVENTURE: ST. GEORGE ROAD TRIP!

I was going for the Snow Canyon half, and I just was so lucky to have my wonderful roommates (and some other joyous souls) come along for the ride!
We stayed the night at the house of the grandparents of a girl in our ward. You think it was good that these two boys were sharing a bed,
but the highlight of this post, the trip, and perhaps my existence was of course this:

FOUR TO A BED!!!
And when I say four to a bed, I of course mean that there were many other beds available to us, but we were too endeared to part from one other and so we all slept in one bed and it was in this oddly decorated room full of stuffed lambs? hahhaha it was so great, I woke up in the middle of our admittedly short slumber and thought.... oh man, i had the funniest dream that i was sleeping in the same bed as all my roommates and we were in a room full of lambs!!! Then I gained sense of my surroundings and realized... hahahahah it was real!!!

Woke up early in the morning to a beautiful land of St. Georgeness and was shuttled to the start line. It looked so much like my marathon, I was filled with memories! (Which, funny that I even have memories becuase I have only run in St. George once before, but it was for such a long time, I was able to form many good memories.)
While I ran, those who did not took a hike to Angel's Landing. Pride and joy for Lise who is not a huge hiker but thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

The race was AWESOME! Remember how for such events I usually just go run them just for the pure appreciation of having an adventure? Well, this time I decided I wanted to run competitively and it was so great, I was breathing like a hot air balloon by mile 11, but I felt so great!
- 1:29:25. PR.
- One girl I came with, Bekka from Austria, and I got first and second in our age group! We were excited about that!
- I would have won the older age group.
-And the age group older than that.
-Becuase i got 9th of all the women and the next youngest was the 5th place 27 year old. All the other top 10 were 30+. What?
-It was awesome.
-And way way way gorgeous course!!!

(So thanks to Dad who I could just hear saying at the start; "YOU CAN WIN IT!")

We took a sojourn to the St. George temple, planning to do baptisms, but we all had things we had to get back to Provo for and there was a ginormous wait, so we just enjoyed the grounds instead.


The whole adventurous group. Regency 108, the Jones cousins, their friends Jodie and Bekka, me and Purse, and adrenaline junkie Dave.

But the purest joy of all were these wonderful wonderful girls!!! Oh how I do love them!
When we got home, CJ and the Carter clan came to visit me!!!! It was a wonderful surprise!!!

And

THANKSGIVING REUNION LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! V-state, here we come!

Thanks for reading this long blog about which you could probably care less!

2 comments:

  1. Care less??? Ha, that was the funnest adventure I've vicariously been on since Disneyland. Where I did not go on Tower of Terror but through the great laughter and descriptions I could still hear LaDon saying "I hate this" hahaha Krista you road warrior 1:29!!! woohoo! Thanks for sharing all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so weird seeing Tristram just hanging out with my sister who is 9 years younger than me! But it is good...
    I LOVE the 4 to a bed picture...you all have your exact personalities on your faces, expecially Elise! I love her!
    Tell her to invite me to her blog!!

    ReplyDelete