Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If You're Wondering...

(but if you're not, don't bother reading any further) Nonetheless, my camera is broken and it is hard to think of good blogs without some awesome accompanying pictures! However, to ensure you all that the adventures are not ceasing (heaven forbid!), here is brief review of the going-ons (if you care):

I went to a poetry reading. A real live there-were-homely-and-eccentric-individuals-with-blue-hair-and-flared-glasses-and-baggy-sweaters-and-skinny-jeans-occasionally-interrupting-their-game-of-scrabble-to-sip-from-their-coffee(probablyhotchocolate)-before-standing-up-to-recite-some-sappy-unrhyming-and-mostly-nebulous-poem-about-love-or-death-or-God-or-other-gratuitously-confusing-subjects poetry reading!!!! I also broke every single one of their dramatic norms and gave them a shortened version of the dating poem. Why wasn't my camera working!?

Lise and Kelcey (our new freshman roommate from Arizona) and I went to the Jordan River Temple. It was a swoopily architectured structure and a very fun adventure.

I gave my first boy haircut. Woof, was I nervous! But it turned out pretty good, and I would like to do it again and again. Not to mention I now notice the caliber of boy's haircuts much more than I used to.

I went fundraising with the Tri Club. Why, you may ask, seeing as I'm not actually competing for them and am not even technically part of their team? I respect what they do and wish I could do it myself, but for my lack of an entire third of their cause in the form of no bikeage. However, I am doing a 24 hour tri with them (more to come, I'm sure) and potentially running for one of their team members who can't in the next competition! But the point is, we went door knocking to sell raffle tickets and I felt like a missionary. There was one old man who had suspenders the same material as my cow pants (bond!) and one man who growled at me before slamming the door in my face! It was joyous.

BYU dominated TCU. Jackson Emery broke the steal record (he's now at 198, I believe?) previously held by Danny Ainge (sorry, passive voice). Lise and I cheered all the while.

I watched a boy run a mile in FOUR MINUTES! You can't even boil pasta that fast.

I swim like crazy! Have you ever tried swimming? Try it. It is awesome.

But since running is still the superior activity, I am training for Boston with great excitement and anticipation!

Grounds. Is. The. Best.


Sorry this was not such an entertaining blog, but I'm working on the camera and should have it soon. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I found that thouroghly entertaining even sans pictures! I got you new running shoes! Sum will bring them to you AND an old camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu make me laugh so hard! Sounds like life is fantastic! I hope it warms up in P-town soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good blog...I thik one time mom gave Eric and I her old camera, but before we could get it she gave it to you to give to Sarah to take Carly's pictures...which means you should somehow be able to get ahold of that camera to use...unless Sarah schniked it to Jerusalem :) And I had something else to comment on...oh yeah, I watched the TCU BYU game on tv and it was Jackson Emery night, in which you could get into the game free if your first or last name was Jackson, and I just kept thinking of the twins, and how they could ahve gotten in free...even though they probably already had all sports passes, but it was the idea behind them actualy having the name Jackson that I loved as I watched that game. And I knew you would be there, so I'm glad to see I was right. Come to Monroe. The End.

    ReplyDelete