Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm in Guam.

But first I was in Provo, then Salt Lake, then Los Angeles, then Honolulu, THEN Guam. Crazy. 

It is HOT here. Hotter than any place I've ever been, and if I'm right, it is autumn here. Yikes. But I have  never been to such a nice beach (becuase yes, I did go to the beach), and I have never been to such a nice USO. 

Before I go any further, CONGRATULATIONS SUMMER!!! Way to finish up the home stretch of home life, and I can't wait for you to come join me in mine. Maybe we can even have an adventure like the one I am having at this moment (I sure wish you were with me now. It probably would make mom feel better too haha!)

An anecdote for all of you to illustrate the crazy limbo of my current state of existence:

Last night (last night? yesterday afternoon? tomorrow morning? who knows) I flew into Guam and got set up in a nice hotel. It was odd being awake at 9 pm and feeling like I had SO much energy becuase it was actually noon. Well, imagine the odd feeling of being awake at 3am and not even being able to sleep because my whole world was upside down and no timing was right. What a relief when 6 rolled around and I felt like i was justified in waking up and getting going. 

So I got going. Running. HOLY HOT! Such sweat! This is the weird thing. I ran past a bank that had one of those signs out in the front that tells you the information and this is what it said:
6:30 am
82 F
5-27.

Whoa. That's weird becuase my biological clock was telling me
8:30 p.m.
40 F
5-26

I'm telling you, everything is crazy here! But I am in GUAM and I enjoyed a lovely run and some Mythbusters and two free donuts and some substantial sightseeing in the DFS (I guess it's like Rodeo Rd of LA? Or Waikiki of Hawaii? I don't know, it's just free place I could get a shuttle to) and after some free lunch at the USO, I'm headed to the beach again. 

All I can say is, you guys should be excited. I can testify from personal experience that tomorrow is a great day. 

Tonga here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it, and extra glad you got out a little on Guam. Good job!

    I hope you get accustomed to the heat--I reckon it will be like that in Tonga also.

    I can attest that it is indeed a great day tomorrow (today) in Colorado. Summer just departed for her DESO trip (rafting trip down the Green River to Desolation Canyon), we trade out Ram for Viana today, and SUMMER has definitely arrived.

    I hope you have safe travels the rest of the way and a marvelous time in Tonga. Do good and take lots of pictures! Email when you can.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard reading this blog! I can't wait to hear more about Tonga! Dont' forget to organize your "race" while you are there!

    ReplyDelete