Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I finally get to make this blog!!!

Catch your breath while you can, there is much to say.

With that said, I will not leave you breathless...............

That's sign language for "I Love You!!!!" (Just kidding, Brenda would shoot me if she knew I just posted something so preposterous to the whole world)

But really, the long-awaited Preference was a great success for all involved! (And just tell me Brenda's boy doesn't look like Bro. Slaugh's clone!)
We enjoyed a fine game of bowling and much eating of food. It was a very great moment, and Brenda was beaming without stop. Oh, Brenda :)

Below is my roommate, Amber. Her date Doug got 10 points in my book because Doug the dog is so dear to me!

Kelcey's date and Kelcey and I. Since we're looking at dates, just look at Kelcey's date and tell me if he doesn't remind you of a character off Hoodwinked.............................................. (as a side note, the haircut he is sporting is one I gave him in my kitchen!)

This is all of us together. I wore that awesome jacket as an attempt at Toy Story costumeness (I know, I am sorry, Carters, it was Toy Story costume and we failed miserably!)
In the end, preference was BUENO (very good, for all of you who speak Dad's spanish) and you can be expecting an announcement for Brenda and Reed any day now (That's another bullet from Brenda for me!)


Next headline: the Endurathon! (Camera's still broken, so no pics)

IT WAS SO HARD! We swam in an endless pool, which means I didn't actually go anywhere and it was the hardest 15 minutes of my life. All I can say is, if I were a salmon, there would be no Krista spawn in this world.

The biking was even harder!!!

The running was hard, considering I do so much of it anyway.

Here's a link to the spreadsheet of everyone's results: http://bit.ly/f0qmGz , but for those of you who don't want to look, I swam about a half mile, biked about 22, and ran almost 6, totaling around 27 miles. I counted in the top 12 distances they used to compare our scores, and I went the furthest out of all the girls. How this happened, I do not know. But happen it did, and much fatigue it brought.

In other news, I talked to Sarahho this weekend and she is doing GREAT! Do you realize Sarah Griggs is in JERUSALEM!? That is so wild! I'm sure it will bring much joy to most of you that when the time came to hang up, even halfway across the world, we still said, "1,2,3!" and then hung up. hahaha childhood never dies.

It was Valentine's Day. As insincere as it may seem, I wrote a little poem for all the Grounds foremen. It went like this:

It's that day, so long awaited
Which makes those in love, oh, so elated
And since we all love BYU Grounds
We thought we'd spread that love around

So for the lawns you mow, the snow you shovel
The bushes you prune, and then above all
The service and love you give full time
Have a happy Grounds Valentine!

I attached this picture:

Just kidding.

But speaking of pictures, here's some:

Texas doo rag?


Lise is touching my butt? (as always)

We don't actually know?

Brenda going to church?

Amber texting?

Kim letting some random 27 year old boy in our ward cut her hair with normal shears?

All of us girls are going to be in the shadow of Pikes Peak in less than 3 days?

Yes, life is ebullient.

4 comments:

  1. That was such a wonderful post!!! Beaming Brenda! haha! I think I did not understand about YOUR date for preference....Did you go on a polygadate with Kelcey? Or did you just not take a picture with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great. Krista did you take your Bish to preference? And did Kim take a 12 year old? hahaha You were SO awesome in the Endurathon! Good prep for Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. krista...we will drive. And drive and drive. I bought junk food. It will be good (please say good so it rhymes with food). This is a song, sing it as it goes along. Becasue that my friend, is what we do (again, rhymed with food, without the 'd')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Krista! This is Amanda (used to be Jensen). I just wanted to say that the guy in your last preference picture was in my husband's mission and in the MTC. Cool! Is his name Dan Gore? Yeah! Small world! You look like you are having a ball!

    ReplyDelete