Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Navajo Lake Camping

I have been dying, begging, yearning, wishing for a camping trip for months now and we finally, finally made it happen. Ever since I ran Top of Zion five years ago I've wanted to go back and check out this lake that we jumped in early in the morning during our race. Since Top of Zion was taking place this same weekend, we decided to go for it and see my former employer and also maybe cheer for Kim, who was running it again. 

It was a beautiful drive becuase we took the back way. But also, we saw a lot of burnt forest around Brian Head/Panguitch area from the fire..last..summer? or maybe the summer before, I can't remember. Anyway, beautiful drive. 

We snagged a cool spot and set up camp and went to the lake. 





Also, had a fire. 


 I just couldn't help laughing at my different boys. This is how Burton was in the tent when he's about 15 months old...
such laughter and joy!

And you may recall this picture from when Truman was about 16 months old...

I do not trust this situtaion. 

haha! Oh it's still a truth
Even as an experienced camper he must scowl.

This was Burton's first camping trip outside of his carseat and I was anxious to see how it would go. He was a champ. Only woke up twice and only cried for a few minutes. Maybe our neighbors didn't like it that much, but I was really pleased (it's not like they were actually sleeping. We're camping, people.)

Unfortunately, I decided to go for a nice long run in the morning on a really cool trail that I had researched. I say unfortunately becuase the whole reason you go camping with kids is so you can see them be funny in the morning in the tent! And I ditched them and missed out. But they were funny.  
And starting to look more alike, eh?

See what I missed? :(

But I did do some 20 miles on the Virgin River Rim Trail and it was a breathtakingly beautiful run and very fun. I had it all to myself. 


Billy caught this funny sequence of events, watch where Truman and his pillow end up...






Haha of course. Poor Burton

They played by the lake and met up with me 

We managed to catch Kim's team on the trail! That was great. Also, I went and saw Ellen, the lady who puts on the race. She had just had her sixth child two weeks before!! Nuts. 

We drove through Zions and had a good ol' time. Yay, we went camping! Hopefully we will go again soon!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, poor burton with the pillow! haha. But I am so glad you finally got to camping! You guys found an awesome spot and it seems like the race was cool too! Crazy lady! ha.

    ReplyDelete