Sunday, July 31, 2011

LIFE! I'M LIVING IT!

What a life! I cannot believe summer is drawing to a close, but there is still so much of it, and I feel very strongly that not a single second has been wasted. Here's a recap of recent seconds:

I went to ZIONS! There is a canyon within that is so cool and so coveted that you have to get permits the day before to go in and they only give out so many, but the dad of the girl who invited me got permits for 8 of us and we went joyously galavanting in the Subway!!! IT WAS AMAZING! There were pools and boulders and caves and narrows and water and tree branches and rapelling and all of the wonderful things that are great about canyons and it was SO gorgeous. I had so much fun, and we spent the rest of our stay in her paradisical cabin in the midst of these beautiful towering aspens. It was so great! (Sorry the pics are not so good, i screen shot them off facebook and that's as ambitious as i got) (No matter, even a high quality picture would have failed to do this place justice!)




Talk about wonderment! Following that joy, I met up with the Carters and Mom and Bum in Monroe, where we participated in a series of wonderful activities, all organized and put on my none other than CJ!!! Mom and Bum ran in the Milk Run, mom placing 2nd in her age group and PRing,a nd Bum WINNING her age group!!! YOU CAN WIN IT!! I was SO proud!

Here are some action shots of CJ calling out raffle winners, which was expertly done and cleverly performed, so I loved every minute of it.
There are no words sufficient to describe the perfect feeling of contentment while laying on the grass at the Monroe middle school football field, little kids running around like free birds and all of us waiting for the fireworks--which proved to be phenomenal--while the sun set quaintly upon us. It was definitely Monroe Magical. The Carters were excellent hosts. Did i mention there are 6 of them!!!? SIX!! That's a whole family, people! And every last one of them is wonderful and dear to my soul.


Upon returning to Provo, we experienced a series of torrential downpours, which left our already moist city in a state of overflowing liquid.
Recognize this parking lot? It is the one near Buy Low and Wyview and my friend, not knowing it was so deep, drove his car through it and got completely botched :(

In other news, and speaking of news, 2ft. Prosthetics was on CNN!!!! As in, we made national news! The story can be found in the post beneath this one.

We are also looking to form several promising partnerships with other non-profits and some great PVC manufactures who think our idea is really novel and great and would be willing to donate PVC to us for research and development. Woot for Grounds, where I got the hook up in the first place!


Easily the highlight of my week was the galavant Kim and I took into the mountains on Friday night-- we brought hammocks and ran up into Rock Canyon a ways and set up camp for the night. I slept in a hammock!!! It was so so so wonderful and free bird.
In the morning we got up and ran farther up the canyon and beyond and it was a run that easily rivals some of the most beautiful i have ever done in my life! It was GORGEOUS and i was 100% more endeared to Utah than my already growing endearment. 20 miles in paradise, and I was still able to go to the driving range for my first time that night and whack the heck out of some golf balls.

Also exciting is the approaching ward activity we have, which has been in the works for weeks. It's a 3 day boating trip, but I wanted to think of an awesome name for it that we could just use for ads and announcements and general bonding of rallying around a cool name. I thought, but I entirely attribute this idea to CJ- she suggested I make a descriptive sentence of the activity and take the first letters to make a word. My president Allie and I then came up with

Most
Epic
Boating
Adventure with
Tribes
Entertainment
Food and
Love

or, as now commonly known and thrown casually around the YSA 18th ward,

MEBATEFL!!!

It is a glorious thing, which i love, and I am in charge of advertising, which has been the most fun thing ever--today at church I wrote MEBATEFL! on a bunch of little slips of paper and put them in all the hymn books on the hymn we were singing. Hahahaha, what a joyous surprise!

That's all. Sorry if this post was overwhelmingly excited or joyful, but it directly reflects my state of existence at this time, so onward!

Oh yes, and one month till THE ASCENT!!!! Much excitement!

2 comments:

  1. Krista I am so proud of your advertising technique!!! I love that hymn book shnike!! And I am glad no cougars ate you while you slept in a hammock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, pis! You are just a wild turkey who sleeps in the wilderness!

    ReplyDelete