Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quickrundownbeforeevenmoreexcitingthingshappen!

Like CJ, I have found myself in a catch-22 of having so many things to blog about and therefore having not enough time to give them all the glory they deserve in a blog because then I keep doing awesome blogworthy things! But they can't go neglected so before anything else happens, here is what has:


I worked Stadium of Fire! This is Brad Paisley, terrible picture, but I was so close to the stage and it was SO awesome!
The more important part is that I was so close to the fireworks- I literally could not have gotten any closer than I was and the show was PHENOMENAL! I don't know if I just didn't have a lot of great firework shows in my past, or firework shows in general just fade out of my memory so each new one always seems better than the last, but this was the best I've ever seen.
It was so fun to clean up, running around LaVell Edwards Stadium in a XXL Grounds shirt at 3 in the morning under the magical lights of the football field. I love Grounds, and I loved the Carl's Jr. breakfast sandwiches I ordered then got to eat.


A few days later was the joyous Freedom Run, for which I somehow gathered 30 or so people from my ward to run and another 20 to volunteer and it was WONDERFUL! So many people just experienced the joy of blissful running!!!
I was the only girl in our group to do the 10k. I was 30th woman overall and we were all in the top 100 of 1200. Not too shabby, eh?
It was great, and afterward, our crowd only grew as we added people through our activities of parade, breakfast at my house, swimming, and then a break before fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. It was a very great Fourth.
A few days later I went to the SCOTTISH FESTIVAL!!! Who even knew such a thing existed, and, now that you do, you may rightfully ask... why?

And then you can ask... who? Who thought of this crazy culture!?
There were just hundreds of these burly men with bulging muscles and brawny physiques, just meandering around in SKIRTS! Not to mention, their athletic events are straight from the neandrathals. The objects included: take a pitchfork and chuck this bale of hay some 16 feet in the air over a polevault pole, take this large tree trunk and just chuck it through the air (not even like a javelin, just like a scoop of water from a stream but much, much heavier), and take this 60 pound weight and chuck it behind you and over a bar, only to land not but 2 feet from where you (and your vulnerable skull) are standing. I only hope I could describe those images sufficiently because it was SO FUNNY and SO BIZARRE. I was laughing my head off the whole time.
I went to the get a white purse picture with a bag piper and somehow managed to find the most flaming gayish one there. Hahahaha it was so funny.

A few days later I went to visit my dear Becky at her job at the Utah Lake toll booth. Just thought I'd let you know that she is still as joyous and wonderful and free bird as ever.

A few days later, our dear, curly haired, ballrubberband ponytailed, crazy, tall and lanky, friend/sister/neighbor Sarah aka Sarahho aka Bob aka Firefly aka Ben aka BlueBeard received a MISSION CALL!!!

She has been called to serve in the Nicaraugua mission and leaves November 2nd!!! CRAZY!

Also

I am developing a true love for Utah. I camp in its mountains and run up and down and all throughout its canyons and have discovered that it's not Pikes Peak but it is it's own kind of glorious.

My hair is SO LONG! I get excited about it every time.

2ft. Prosthetics is a real, live, growing and thriving organization. Not only am I still a member of "THE TEAM," but I am also what you might consider an old-timer or veteran or person kind of in charge. (Yep, me and my 5 months of membership!) The point is, people want to join and KSL is airing a special on us on July 22nd. Kim is the new president! (Yep, her and her 3 months of membership!) It is very exciting and very joyous.

Stay tuned for more adventures and more updates! (Summer is coming into town, I'm going to Harry Potter, we're going camping, and there's still much summer to be lived!)

1 comment: