Wednesday, September 19, 2018

July - Tru's Tongue, Family, Fun

Well, July was a good one for sure. We lived half of it in Highland and had a blast with all the people in town but I unfortunately did not document that whole adventure very well. These were the things I did document. 

Truman got stung by some creature and the next day woken up looking like a creature. Poor kid. It was down in a few days but it sure was a small eye for such a big-eyed kid!



Lots of river playing and general outside-being


If you look very closely at this picture you can see why I took it; completely inside our chicken coop is a deer! Turns out they quite like our chicken pellets. Billy shot them in the butt with his BB gun a few times. 

"I'm just hanin out"

Truman scowl

 Sarah dug up our time capsule from her sandbox since the Griggs are moving from CO and we opened it up. Haha it was a good one! We didn't have time to refill it and bury it again but we will soon. 


Truman lookin sharp and old for church

We helped Mom be the bomb.com at girl's camp and she was awesome!! I wish I coulda been there


Lots of cousin time, such joy!


The drama of this time period was Truman's tongue! geez. On one of the rare days we were at our house in July we were having Cynthia over for dinner and Truman slipped off his stool, bonked his chin on the counter and gauged his tongue. Oh! It was pretty rough for a while there. We didn't take him to the doctor right away but the next day he went to the ER. I didn't think they could do anything for tongues but they stitched it up! It left me completely haggard. I cannot handle such things. 




Truman, however, for the most part, was a champ. He slept pretty rough there for awhile, which made me anxious cus I had my race at the end of that week, but he eventually recovered and it seems that he will not need plastic surgery.


While Billy was at Scout Camp I went and visited our old neighbors at their new house in Spring City. It was so quaint and heaven! We got to tour their barn and their property and pick berries and play in a sandbox and go for bike rides. It was just bliss. 


Do I not even have pictures of Truman's birthday?? Well, he turned three and he is sometimes a booger and potty training was a disaster (he's finally getting it now) but of course we just love love love him and having a three year old in the house is a comedy show all the time. Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment