Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Au-gust it's my turn 19: Ghana and Fall

It's always interesting meeting someone with whom I've had extensive email correspondence in person for the first time. Today our importer and his assistant from Ghana came to Provo to have some meetings with us. It was just another funny adventure that you have if you work for an international company! I email with both of them all the time, but today was the day of actual meeting.

I didn't take any pictures, but I wish I could've somehow. They were such Ghanians! And their accents were too! It was cool! The importer asked me to get a hotel for them weeks ago and I, knowing nothing about hosting international guests, just got them the one closest to Noni. How was I supposed to know it was also the most ghetto one! Haha!

So i was already embarrassed about putting our guests in an ghetto hotel, and then after our meeting we took them to lunch and they said they wanted anything spicy and that thai sounded fine, but we took them to such a ghetto little Thai place (which also happens to be our go-to department lunch outing place). Haha the guy got a real shock when he ordered wine and there was no such thing for miles around!

Oh, and we also had to dispel the Mormon polygamy myth. Haha. And they didn't really like the food cus it wasn't actually spicy. 

But other than all the mishaps, it was a very good and productive visit and I was glad to know they were generally jolly people. Business people, for sure, but jolly business people. And hopefully I don't get in trouble for writing about work on my blog. 

And the leaves are turning already. I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but every day I can see more orange up on the mountains, though I have yet to see it when I'm running. 


3 comments:

  1. I love learning about other people. Makes us all seem so very different but SO much the same. And maybe it's not fall color change, maybe the hills are just a little sunburned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Krista, remember how we are the same person? I would have totally booked the ghetto hotel too! That makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhaha. This is so good! I bet it will be a memorable experience for them!

    ReplyDelete