Thursday, August 28, 2014

Au-gust it's my turn 28: Visiting Teaching

Some of the very top highlights of my day were THIS and THIS, particularly 
this
and
this 
hahahaha CharlyAnn is so funny!


But also some highlights were that my co-worker bought cupcakes for our department because my birthday is on Saturday. They were all themed and had cute little back to school things on them. Here is a crayon cupcake. 


Also, I went visiting teaching and it was joyous! I've had this girl for probably close to a year and a half and at the beginning, like always, we were awkward, but now we are dear friends! I have so much faith and confidence and happiness in the visiting teaching program because this is delightfully not the first time such a transition has taken place and I love when that happens! Also, my companion, who is battling some morning sickness because she is pregnant with her second child so didn't come this time, is also SO great. She is a very recent convert and she and her husband are champions. I love the testimonies of converts because they are so pure and sincere and new. 

I didn't take any pictures, but the girl I VT is great and her baby's name is Wyatt and her husband has pet geckos and is Billy's secretary. Thus, joy. 

Then my visiting teachers took me to frozen yogurt (which you know that I love!) for my birthday/one of their birthdays was last week/the other one is about to start school. 

Again, at the beginning of this friendship, like always, we were awkward, but I now consider them some of my dearest friends. They are so funny and we are all pretty much your regular newlyweds but come from such interesting and different backgrounds. They were THRILLED to learn that I was part Asian and couldn't believe it. And they were amazed at the names in this family. 

Visiting teaching! Sometimes I wish I could write the second volume of Daughters in My Kingdom because I just want to tell so many stories of precious moments where a girl I knew nothing about and really had no technical reason to care about became one of my greatest friends and stalwart exemplars. In my singles ward I visit taught a girl that had been inactive and she was just coming back into the church, and she looked like maybe she did different things than me for fun, so I was super nervous and thought maybe I would have to go in a teach her how to be a good member and blablabla but no! I learned so much from her and we became very good friends. I love it! 

Anyway. That's pretty much it. Billy has sat down twice since he got home and both times he has fallen plum(b?) asleep in a matter of seconds. But he still smells very strongly of grass so I am going to wake him up so he can shower and go to bed for real!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha those pics are some of the very best! I like your testimony of visiting teaching. That's how I got Sister Peelle and she was a treasure of my life. And it's good you don't live in Colorado cause if you said Billy smelled of grass here...well, that would be a whole different story.

    ReplyDelete