Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Au-gust it's my turn 26: Guardians

I ran up Squaw Peak today. It was awesome and soo many trees are turning or have already completely turned orange! It's crazy! What is going on, it's only August, I don't recall this happening so early in the year!

But it did make for a beautiful run. Someone put an American flag up there since I was there last, which I had suspected since as of late I have been able to see something up there that wasn't there before. It was pretty cool. And I was the only one on the mountain. And they were filming a commercial in Rocky Canyon. I only had my phone at the end of run, so the end view is the only picture I got. 


Can't see the flag, but it's up there. 

Me and Billy got home around the same time, ate dinner then Andy wanted to go see Guardians of the Galaxy while Summer was at Ellen's wedding. So we went! It was great! We had a gift card and after using it to pay for the tickets, we had $1.25 left and so we bought a box of milk duds, which I ate basically before the previews were over. (Previews: Good! Into the Woods and also what looks like an entertaining version of Annie!)

Anyway, the movie was pretty good and pretty funny and then we came home and I was getting ready for bed just now and I was just talking away to Billy and went to take my shirt off to change into PJs and felt something on the hem of my shirt. I looked down and FREAKED out because there was some large, skinny snail looking creature clinging to my shirt!!! We both yelled and I was gonna touch it but then didn't know what it was so we were just yelling and being grossed out and Billy was like "What is it!?" and as I was yelling "I DON'T KNOW!" a thought came into my head that explained the creature to me and so what actually came out of my mouth in one moment as I was saying what I was already planning to say (I don't know!) and then what I knew I needed to say because of the thought I had about the creature, was, " I DON'T KNOW IT'S A MILK DUD!" 



Thank goodness that's all it was! We sure laughed after that!

3 comments:

  1. Milk Dud snails, YUM! How the heck do you get to the top of squaw peak? It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah. that totally looks like a slug snail thing! Scary! and delicious!

    ReplyDelete