Monday, August 25, 2014

Au-gust it's my turn 25: I knew I should've put real pants on

So we're just livin life, you know? And we have this business and today Billy's last guy quit on him. Like he found out today that today was his last day. So while that's just generally not ok, it's also especially rough cus this week is already crazy with Billy trying to stay on track with his project and start school next week and still do his lawns and on and on and we were/are planning on going to hike Pikes Peak this weekend for my birthday. So the stars just did not align on this one.

Anyway, so we're all tired, don't get dinner until 9 tonight and only have enough effort to get little caesar's and we're just eating while we're talking about every possible option of who could help Billy and how we can make the schedule work and whether we can still swing a trip to Colorado. Eventually we just laughed imagining ourselves in X years looking back on this and so many nights like it where we are just hopeless, helpless little young 'uns trying to figure stuff out. "Hey Billy," I'll say in X years when we're rollin in it and have billions of employees, "remember that one time your guy quit on you and we were just asking the little caesar's guy if he'd come help you mow lawns?" 

And he'll say, "Yes, Krista, and all we had for dinner was hot 'n' ready s? Those were the days!" And he'll laugh then sign the huge landscape contract his assistant Giles just brought him on a silver little tray with a feather quill. 

So of course we had to take a picture so our posterity appreciates where we started. 


And of course then we had to find some chocolate to console ourselves and we decided we could just walk down to the gas station and grab a snickers. I was wearing my chicken cow pants that now have a hole in the bum and I thought, "Hm, I should probably put on some normal pants." But it was dark outside and we were going to the most deserted gas station on this planet and would only be there for like 2 seconds, so the farm animals stayed. 

Well, we got to the gas station, and who should be getting out of his fancy truck but our neighbor two houses down, who is so cool and really trendy too. When they moved in, we tried to be friends with them and they were super friendly, but we are in different phases of life so it didn't quite work out. And you know, that always makes you feel like you wanna still try and be cool when you're around them. Well, I had my cow pants on. So. There goes that. 

But we surveyed the candy bars at the same time and talked about stuff and he grabbed some candy for his wife and kids and all was well and Billy was still super cool around him but geez...

....I knew I should've put real pants on!

6 comments:

  1. that is such a sad conundrum but such a funny story! I hope billy finds help soon! I'm thinking that those cow pants have seen public when they were not anticipated to. I am thinking of the slc airport long ago. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, at least they didn't have dangling beads and tassels on the bottom! Your whole month of blogs was worth it for just this one. And I'm going to remind Giles to show it to you in a few years! Dad and I are available and promise not to knock over too many fences????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good news-bad news story: The bad news is Billy's last guy quit and the neighbor was not impressed with the Hiatt style. The good news is the situation resulted in the World's Greatest Blog!

    BTW: Mom wore her favorite cow pants for a solid decade, and wore her Sunday after-church dress thing for nearly two decades. And I, of course, have worn my uniform of jeans and denim shirt for nearly four decades. So we know all about holes in bums and could care less! Love dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I MISS THESE PANTS! P.S. Why didn't I start reading your blog until now? It's hilarious and makes me miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dad. I love when he has time to randomly comment. All of his words are pure truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha. Those pants are pretty priceless. At least how long you'll have them is forever!

    ReplyDelete